The Twilio integration allows you to directly text the cell phone number in a workspace. For example, if you are working with students you can text them directly from Grouptrail.
How does it work?
You can text individuals or send a text to multiple people at the same time. Leverage your tags to create groups to text. Texts will be received and can be replied to directly from a regular cell phone, they don’t need access to any app in order to reply. Here is what it will look in your site.
On the workspace level, you will have a tab called "Text Messages" where you can send and receive messages.
To monitor incoming messages and send replies, you will use a tracker.
To send a message to multiple students at once you can use trackers and leverage your tags to identify recipients.
Setting it up:
- Create an account with Twilio, then enter the ID and numbers and phone number into the Integrations page on your Grouptrail site.
- Display the Text Messages tab on the applicable Data Type.
- To monitor incoming messages and quickly reply, create Latest Activity Tracker and select Texts as your default tab.
- In Twilio: Configure incoming texts in the Twilio admin console -> Manage Numbers, select phone number to configure, in Messaging section set "A message comes in" webhook to: https://app.grouptrail.com/sms [HTTP POST].
- What are the limits to the length of a text message? You can send up to 459 characters at a time. If the message is longer than 153 characters, it will be sent in segments.
- Can I send bulk messages? Yes, you can send a message to up to 1,000 people at one time.
- Is there a limit to the number of texts that can be sent in a day? No
- What happens if the number is a landline? An error message will appear on the workspace in the Text Messages tab and in the Latest Activity Tracker.